We've built in a straightforward way to verify the ownership of your website to major search engines.
- Track how your website is performing in search.
- Discover which keywords your website is showing up for.
- Analyze your traffic data for each search engine.
- Find out about other websites that link back to yours.
- Get alerts for any broken links on your website.
Follow the simple steps below on submitting and verifying your site with the biggest search engines on the web.
1. Navigate to Google Search Console.
2. It will ask you to login or create a Google account (email address ending in @gmail.com). After you login, you will be taken to the Google Search Console or it will ask you to navigate to it.
3. Here you have the option to 'select property type'. Please select "URL prefix" and copy and paste the URL of your website's home page, including the https://
4. You will be redirected to a page that lets you verify using alternate methods. Scroll down and select HTML tag to expand the menu.
5. Copy the code inside the quotation marks as seen below.
6. Without closing this window, go to your spacecrafted.com dashboard in a new window or tab. Select the Settings icon in the gray navigation bar and then select SEO under the Settings header.
7. Paste the meta tag into the "Google site verification code" field box (right-click and then paste or CMD-V on Mac & CTRL-V on PC).
8. Refresh the page to parse out the actual code (CMD-R on Mac & CTRL-R on PC).
9. Select the green Publish button.
10. Return to the Google Search Console tab and select “Verify” on the screen where you copied the HTML code snippet. Your website ownership will now be verified for Google and you will have access to the full suite of Google Search Console tools.
11. From your Google Search Console dashboard, select Sitemaps in the left-hand column of the screen.
12. In the box that says Add a new sitemap, you will notice your website’s URL with an empty text box following it. Type in “sitemap.xml” after the backslash (/).
13. Select Submit to finish.
- Go to Bing Webmaster Tools and click Get Started. You'll be asked to login with a Google, Facebook, or Microsoft account (including email accounts ending in @hotmail.com or @live.com).
- If you have already set up Google Search Console using the steps above, then you can import your site directly from Google Search Console (see screenshot below). Otherwise, enter your full website URL under Add your site manually, then click Add.
- A menu will appear asking you to verify your website. Select the HTML Meta Tag option, then Copy the code that is provided.
- Without closing this window, go to your liveBooks dashboard in a new window or tab.
- Click on the "gear" icon at the top of the page to navigate to the Settings dashboard, then click SEO at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the section labeled Site Verification, and paste the code in the Bing site verification code field.
- Publish your site.
- Go back to the Bing page, and click Verify underneath the code that you copied.