We've built in a straightforward way to verify the ownership of your website to major search engines.
- Track how your website is performing in search.
- Discover which keywords your website is showing up for.
- Analyze your traffic data for each search engine.
- Find out about other websites that link back to yours.
- Get alerts for any broken links on your website.
Follow the simple steps below on submitting and verifying your site with the biggest search engines on the web.
Important: There are multiple ways to verify a domain, but we believe our method is the easiest for our customers. There is no "best" method to verifying your domain.
1. Navigate to Google Search Console.
2. It will ask you to login or create a Google account (email address ending in @gmail.com). After you login, you will be taken to the Google Search Console or it will ask you to navigate to it.
3. Here you have the option to 'select property type'. Please select "URL prefix" and copy and paste the URL of your website's home page, including the https://
4. If you have added Google Analytics to your website, you will be auto-verified. If so, skip to Step 11 in this list. If not, you will be redirected to a page that lets you verify using alternate methods. Scroll down and select HTML tag to expand the menu.
5. Copy the code inside the quotation marks as seen below.
6. Without closing this window, go to your spacecrafted.com dashboard in a new window or tab. Select the Settings icon in the gray navigation bar and then select SEO under the Settings header.
7. Paste the meta tag into the "Google site verification code" field box (right-click and then paste or CMD-V on Mac & CTRL-V on PC).
8. Refresh the page to parse out the actual code (CMD-R on Mac & CTRL-R on PC).
9. Select the green Publish button.
10. Return to the Google Search Console tab and select “Verify” on the screen where you copied the HTML code snippet. Your website ownership will now be verified for Google and you will have access to the full suite of Google Search Console tools.
11. From your Google Search Console dashboard, select Sitemaps in the left-hand column of the screen.
12. In the box that says Add a new sitemap, you will notice your website’s URL with an empty text box following it. Type in “sitemap.xml” after the backslash (/).
13. Select Submit to finish.
1. Go to Bing Webmaster Tools and click Sign up with Microsoft account (or just Sign In if you already have an email address from Microsoft ending in @hotmail.com or @live.com).
2. Once you are logged in, you will be led to a My Sites page.
3. Click Add Your Site.
4. Type your website’s URL into the URL field.
5. In the Add a sitemap field, type your URL, then “/sitemap.xml” (Ex. www.mywebsite.com/sitemap.xml)
6. Complete the rest of the form on the page and click Save.
7. On the next page, you can verify the ownership of your site. Here, you’ll use Option 2. Copy the meta tag (the text in the gray box beginning “<meta name.”)
8. Without closing this window, go to your spacecrafted.com dashboard in a new window or tab. Select the Settings icon in the gray navigation bar and then select SEO under the Settings header.
9. Paste the tag into the field called Bing site verification code. Refresh the page, which will parse out the actual code.
10. Select the green Publish button.
11. Go back to the Bing page. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Verify.