Google Analytics offers you a great and free way to monitor the different traffic going to your website.
There are two methods to add Google Analytics to your website:
Option 1: Add a UA Tag
1. Go to the Google Analytics site.
2. Select the blue SIGN IN link in the top righthand corner, then choose Analytics in the drop-down options. Login to your current Google account by entering your credentials.
If you don't already have a Google Account, select Create An Account, then input your site and account information.
3. Enter your New Account information into the fields provided.
4. Select Get Tracking ID.
5. Agree to the Google Terms of Service by selecting I Accept.
6. Copy the entire code that begins with "UA-".
7. Go back to your website dashboard and select the Settings icon in the gray navigation bar.
8. Select Apps under the Settings header, and then click on the green "Add Third Party App" button. Under the Analytics tab, select Google Analytics (Universal) to enter your website information.
Tip: The non-universal Google Analytics option is for our legacy customers who may still be using this type of tracking code. We do not recommend choosing the non-universal option.
9. Paste the code from Google into the field titled Tracking ID, then select the Save button. When you save, the app will parse out the ID that is needed to connect your Google Analytics account. With the new App saved, your tracking code will immediately start to send data to your Google Analytics account.
10. Head into the Google Analytics panel after a day or two and you will begin seeing the data collected since you integrated Google Analytics.
If your analytics requires you to put the script into the header of your website, you can easily do this within the Settings portion of our application.
1. Click on the Settings (gear icon) in the gray navigation bar.
2. Hover over the Extra's drop-down, and select Performance. Here, you will see a toggle for "Analytics scripts in the document head". Turn that on (blue means that it is activated) and it will be done automatically for you!
Option 2: Add a GA4 Tag
1. Sign in to your Analytics account.
2. Click Admin.
3. Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
4. Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
5. Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code.
6. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page; the tag is made up of several lines of code that you will want to place on your website. COPY the code. It should look like the example below:
<!-- Global Site Tag (gtag.js) - Google Analytics -->
... (several lines of code) ...
8. In the top-right corner of the CONTENT panel, click on Footer underneath the section labeled Global Sidebar.
9. On the Footer page, click one of the green (+) buttons, then select HTML from the menu items to create a new HTML Block.
10. PASTE the code inside the HTML Block, then click Save.