Some customers find themselves being prompted to choose a new template and create a brand new website, even though they are really just trying to log into their account/website. Don't worry! Your information isn't lost, but it's possible you may be using an incorrect email address.
Why It Happens
If it's happening, then the email was used for a site at some point. Otherwise it would give you an error stating "doesn't match records".
- Scenario 1:
- The email you are using was previously on your account but you have since changed ownership or removed the user. For example, if you started with an @gmail and later created an @mydomain.com email, it would confuse the system.
- Scenario 2:
- The email creating the loop was from an old trial that was deleted from our system. The account still exists, so the system is trying to re-associate the email with a site in order to take you to the dashboard (which is why it's prompting you to create a brand new website).
How to Get Out of It
- Option 1:
- To simply get back out to the login screen, you can enter spacecrafted.com/logout into the URL bar. This will clear your login cookies and prompt you to enter your credentials again.
- Option 2
- Complete the login process by selecting a new template until you reach the dashboard. Then logout of that account in order to re-enter your correct credentials.
How to prevent it from happening in the future
- To remove the incorrect email from the system and avoid reaching this process again, complete the process of selecting a template until you reach the dashboard. Then enter your account settings and completely delete your account. The next time you try to login with this email you will get a message that your email does not match our records.